* I started out March with one of my favorite things, talking books with friends at our monthly meeting of The Ladies Who Brunch Book Club. We discussed The Snow Child and Little Bee and brunched at MAURICE. You can read my review of Little Bee for [In]Complete Magazine, here.
*Amelia stared speech therapy once a week where she is having a great time and already making improvements in her articulation. Bonus: speech class gets out down the street from Sonic in the middle of Happy Hour. :)
* I attended the MOMS Club Mardi Gras fundraiser party where we raised money for Random Kindness.
* Oregon springtime brought us days of rain showers and sunshine.
* David and I took advantage of a Parents Night Out at Amelia's preschool and went out for a date night at Mahers Pub.
* I attended a Portland Bloggers Meetup at Cyril's at Clay Pigeon Winery, where we had delicious hour devours and the most fantastic wines.
* I worked on a TON of custom orders for Hey Normal Day Shop.
* I'm training for a half marathon in May, so Amelia and I used the sunny afternoons to get our miles in and walk to parks around town.
* I used my time in the preschool pick up line to to finish up a good book.
* We had a fun game night with friends with lots of food and fun and little girls who got to stay up way past their bedtime.
* We squeezed in another round of The Ladies Who Brunch Book Club where we discussed Lean In by Sheryl Strandberg and brunched at Meriwether's Restaurant and Skyline Farm.
* We went out for a family dinner to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary.
* Amelia and I traveled to Oklahoma for two weeks to visit all of our friends and family back home.
* Amelia embraced her inner farm girl.
* We had park time with PawPaw.
* We had pedicures with Grams. (This was Amelia's first pedi and she LOVED it!)
* We traveled to Stillwater to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Hodson and see aunts and uncles. And of course we went to Hideaway. If you're from Oklahoma you know this was a must. If you're not, just know it's legendary pizza and fried mushrooms famous to our little college town.
* I went with my sister-in-law and brothers-in-law to a local college dive we all used to frequent. A trip down memory lane is always a good idea.
* While is Stillwater we met up with friends from college and their kids to go bowling.
* We took Amelia to the Oklahoma State campus. It was pouring that day so we didn't get to explore outside much but we did go to the Student Union, where Amelia decided that all the college kids were, "so cool!"
* Amelia soaked in lots of cuddles with Grandma and Grandpa Hodson.
* We went to the Shrine Circus where Amelia got to ride an elephant and camel with her cousins.
* Amelia went fishing for the first time with Pop. They didn't catch a fish that day but she thought playing with worms was pretty awesome.
* We had park time with Grams.
* We watched trains with PawPaw.
* We enjoyed the most gorgeous sunset on the last night of our trip.
* We went to Lego Land with Grams for one last adventure before boarding a plane back to Portland.
March was so full and busy, but in the best way possible. I'm continuously grateful for the beautiful place we live, the opportunities before us and the for the depth of family and friends in our lives.